Before you decide what to sell on the internet, you have to develop an Internet Marketing Strategy. That is an essential part of your online success on the Internet.
You have to take into consideration the following:
- Find a large and easy to reach niche market
- Find a Product or Service the niche market demands
- Set up your website
- Have a great sales copy (your 24/7 sales man)
- Create an opt-in page to collect email address
- Have a great sales process
- Make your website scalable and search engine friendly
- Backend, backend and backend Each step plays an important role to the success in your Internet Marketing Strategy Planning.
If you miss even one-step, you will not be able to see the results you would like to see, as each step is equally important to the other.
1. Find a large and easy to reach niche market. Your first step in your Internet Marketing Strategy planning requires you to do your research. Locate a large and easy to reach niche market to market your product. Now, go to Free Keywords, tools, and search for niche keywords that have high click through and low competitions. Example, the keyword “Dog Food for Sale”, when you search for that on Google there is actually 5,650,000, which is not a lot of competition. You also have to check; is there a demand for it, by using tools from www.seobook.com to look at the KEI rate. The higher the KEI rate the better the keyword.
2. Find a Product or Service the niche market demands. After you have found two or three keywords that you would like to target, you would want to find products that will serve the market that has a demand for it. Example, like the keyword “Dog Food for Sale”, you would not want to promote Cat Food, as it does not relate to the topic you want to promote. So find related products like an eBook “where to find a great sale for dog food” or “dog products that dogs like to eat”.
3. Set up your website. After you have decided what product or service you want to sell online, you would want to set up a website to promote your product. The best way to do it is by creating a Blog to talk only about “Dog Food that is for Sale”. Because Google and Yahoo search engine loves Blogs so much that you virtually get listed in just 24 hours upon updating, compared to a normal website, which will take at least a few weeks to be ‘cached’ into the search engine.
4. Have a great sales copy (your 24/7 salesman). Do not be mistaken, sales copy is not the sale. A sales copy is a page with descriptions and details to promote your product on your website. When I first heard of this term, sales copy, I was very stunned how important it was to have a sales copy. Depending on how good your own copywriting skills are, you can get people to write your sales copy, or simply teach yourself to write one. If you try to write it yourself, as copy, writing is a very good skill to learn, especially when you are an Internet Marketer who plans Internet Marketing Strategy.
5. Create an opt-in page to collect email address. The opt-in page is another important step that many do not have, and it is the most important. Why? It is because they fail to collect email address from their website. With the email address, you can design out your sales process in the next step, which I will explain further.
6. Have a great sales process. With your opt-in page in place, you can use the captured email address and name to follow up with people who are interested in knowing more about what you are promoting on your opt-in page. One way to build your list of emails is to send them information or promotional products, and to sell those products again in the future.
7. Make your website scalable and search engine friendly. With all that done, you would now need to read up on Search Engine Optimization. Practicing this will allow search engines like Yahoo and Google to spider your website, easily. The good thing about Blogs is you can ping the search engines to spider your site, and you can be listed very quickly within 24 hours.
8. Backend, backend, and backend. Upon completion of all seven steps, you just need to keep on sending backend information to your list from your opt-in emails that you receive, and keep on driving traffic to your opt-in page to get more email address to send out promotions to your customers. If you constantly follow this eight-step formula for your Internet Marketing Strategy